Hi! I'm a Video Game Developer & Director with formal training in Computer Science Engineering and Game Design.
My love for video games, films and music began at the age of seven. I’ve always considered myself to be a student of art of all forms. Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed II and Prince of Persia Warrior Within, were two games that were pivotal in the development of my direction. The immense artistry and creative pursuit of realizing their visions demonstrated by great filmmakers like Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, Christopher Nolan and Musicians like Steven Wilson inspired me to want to emulate their level of craftsmanship in the realm of video games.
I specialize in Gameplay Programming and in Directing the entire video game experience. My goal is to unite Gameplay and Narrative in creative ways to elevate the emotional impact felt through the experience and to create a space for the player to swim through and have their own interpretation of the experience.
In 2014, I completed my student game named Rails of Fury at Vancouver Film School. Since then, I have been working independently on my first video game with a small team of passionate developers.
Karthik Subramanyam (Pronounced 'Car-Thick Sue-Bruh-Muhn-Yuhm')
25 July 1990
Working on an Unannounced Video Game
“The impact of a sublime video game experience is like a mirror; players will see their own reflection in it, relate to it and connect with it beyond measure”
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
User Interface Design
Game Mechanics & Systems Design
• Developed Video games using the Unity Engine.
• Worked on Video game and Software projects in a team environment.
• Technically proficient in C# programming language.
• Experienced in IDEs such as MonoDevelop and Visual Studio.
• Experienced in tools such as Unity, Unreal Development Kit, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Animate.
• Skilled at creating Game Design Documents, Technical Design Documents and Interaction Design Documents.